Friday 27 September 2013

Retirement - from here to there


  1. I have a lot to do and to sort out before retiring.

    After reviewing many current retirement related blogs, most are focused on financial planning. At this point in my life I feel very grateful to be a part of a healthy pension plan. When I was younger I only viewed my pension as a source of ridiculously high deductions coming off my paycheque. I have a totally different perspective today. I am very thankful for the choices that a stable pension plan affords me.

    On my emerging senior blog, I will not focus on financial matters. Although of utmost importance, I am not an expert in this field and the blogosphere is full of information on retirement finances.

    My focus is on timing, preparation and retirement activity. The three questions that loom large for me are:

    When should I retire?

    What do I have to do before I retire?

    What am I going to do when I retire?

    I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to any of these questions. The questions are common to all facing retirement but I think the answers are unique to each individual. The answers are dynamic and will evolve over time. The questions are so interrelated that it is impossible to consider any of them without considering all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment