Monday 21 October 2013

Monday morning

We do most of our living between Friday night and Monday morning.  Monday morning is the time to reflect on the weekend and get back into our week day routine . As I get older it becomes more difficult to get myself  moving on Monday morning.   I guess that is part of what retirement planning is about - letting go of the weekday routine and 
spreading the rest of your life over seven days!







  1.  Knights lost both games this weekend.  Disappointing.  However, the hockey gods continue to smile upon my choices in our hockey pool.  I was in second this week but in first place overall.   I can only hope that my luck continues as the race for the KIA starts with this week's picks.
  2.  Wedding bells ringing   We attended a beautiful wedding this weekend at the local golf course overlooking the lake.  Gorgeous fall colours.  Unfortunately the rain didn't cooperate so they were married inside,.  however, they were able to take some photos outside.  Beautiful light with the overcast and brilliant colours of the trees.  Some funky shots with bridal party under umbrellas.
  3. Poignant ceremony, beautiful bride  and my awesome son did a great job as emcee of the evening's program.
  4. Quiet Sunday recovering from the dancing, and frivolity of the night before.  Brunch with friends from out of town.  
  5. Quest for the Cup premiered Sunday night.  The documentary is following the London Knights through to the Memorial Cup. It was a good intro segment.  The deadline for purchasing our Memorial Cup tickets is  fast approaching.  The price is ridiculous - the debate continues in our household.
  6.  50 things   I am close to completing my list of 50 things I need to do before I retire.... should be publishing it soon....
     



No comments:

Post a Comment