Monday 28 October 2013

Monday Morning

We do most of our living between Friday night and Monday morning.  Monday morning is the time to reflect on the weekend and get back into our week day routine . As I get older it becomes more difficult to get myself  moving on Monday morning.   I guess that is part of what retirement planning is about - letting go of the weekday routine and 
spreading the rest of your life over seven days!






  1. So You Think You Can Daaven  My weekend started early on Thursday attending a play produced by my friend, Ellen.  She is a great role model for retired life - taking on new experiences and new challenges like producing a play.   
  2. Hockey -  The hockey gods certainly were not smiling my way this weekend. Ollie Maata is staying with Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Penguins.  The Knights lost on Friday which usually doesn't bother me but they did not play well which is unusual.  I didn't send my Friday night post game Knight tweet as I couldn't think of anything good to say. Another loss on Sunday.  And, after three consecutive weeks of being in a leading position in my hockey pool  I sank to mid pack.  
  3. Captain Phillips -  Great movie.  The last scene is movie storytelling at it's best.  Brilliant performance by Tom Hanks.  
  4. Sunday Morning Walk - Instead of our usual hike around Westminster Ponds we decided to walk Beau around Springbank Park this week.  Such a beautiful park.  Lots of activity.  Beau likes the wildness of the Ponds better - not a fan of being on a leash on his Sunday morning walks.



     5.  Sunday Breakfast   - Sunday was a day of change!  Our normal post walk - Sunday 
          breakfast diner has been declining in quality so we tried a new spot this week -
          Edgar and Joe's.  It is an initiative of our local Goodwill giving employment opportunities
          to those  needing experience.  What a great idea. The food was delicious - a sunny 
          and bright seating area.  I think we have found our new Sunday breakfast spot!

     6.  Cookies, Cookies...   I spent the summer baking pies and trying to improve my pastry 
          skills so this weekend's cookie baking was a welcome change.........
          I am intrigued by the "Compost Cookies" from  Momofuko.  This New York bakery
          recently opened a store in Toronto.  The compost cookies have a variety of ingredients
          including potato chips, pretzels, coffee, chipits.   The name is unappetizing - I think
          "Kitchen Sink" cookies is better.  I had to try them . 
          I also baked the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie.  I froze two batches as a 
          start to my Christmas baking. 



    

No comments:

Post a Comment