Thursday 29 August 2013

Emerging senior?????....

Okay... so I have a blog.... What do I call it?... What should I write about? ....Here is where the "generational" issue begins to emerge. I can't imagine how anyone would find what I have to say compelling...But as I learn more, I don't think that blogging is really about that. I think it is about what I want to say ...my observations...stuff I would share if I was sitting with you having a coffee. I don't have a single focus in my life but I do have interests like gardening, baking, movies, hockey, pop culture - so how do I come up a theme for this blog??? or even a name??? If there is a common thread in my life right now it is thinking about retirement- I am getting older..... I turned 55 this year and now qualify by some definitions as a senior!!! Shocking to me. I feel that I am moving through an important stage. It is a transformative time.The entire concept of "senior years" is being redefined by society - okay really...by the boomers ( we always make everything about us) There is a group in my hometown that was formed for 20/30 year olds called Emerging Leaders. A network to help them through those beginning years of your career, support each other, make connections. I think there should be the same thing for those approaching retirement... Okay... so Emerging Senior it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment