Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year

 I  have been remiss about my blog over the last several weeks.  I had many distractions: the many preparations for the holidays; our cat, Lilly was ill and we were nursing her, new computer, and my blog posts were not feeding to my twitter and facebook accounts........

It was a good lesson for me. First - I am easily distracted.  Distractions no matter how many will always exist.  I can't ignore my blog or it will cease to be vital and part of my day to day. It would have been much better to include the various issues in my blog instead of being silent.

Well, I am back on my blog.

The holidays are over.... we had a wonderful Christmas,  my new computer is still giving me a few problems, I think I have fixed my blog feed problem and my sweet little Siamese cat Lilly passed away just before the holidays.  Rest in peace.

It is a New Year, in fact a new moon to start the New Year - very rare last time this happened was 19 years ago.  It is a signal for a really fresh start.

I am not big on New Year's resolutions.  I am not that disciplined.  Although in 2013, I definitely identified  that I needed to become more involved in social media tools.  This time last year I would never have imagined that I had a blog, that I would have had an active facebook account - 100 friends today and over 370 followers on my twitter account.  I am still not sure who or why anyone would be that interested in what I have to say.... although I have quite enjoyed it.

Still a bit of a mystery of who is reading what.  My biggest surprise was the blog post  about letting my hair go gray. http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=664493679346756330#editor/target=post;postID=3152896046321508468;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=20;src=postname

Widely popular.... as a result had many different groups about gray hair following my twitter feed   I have even been invited to London England next summer for a gathering of women advocating for the beuaty of gray hair.   Who knew!

Certainly, this blog has helped me bring focus to my life as an "emerging senior" - to give greater thought to my plans for retirement and new adventures and ventures that may await for me in this upcoming phase of my life.  

Wishing all  a happy and healthy 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment