Monday 15 January 2018

Final fifties January 15



January 15, 2018
As I face the final week of my fifties, I am reminded of the beginning of this decade. Andy and I had a joint 50th birthday party.  We decided that it was important to celebrate 50 as our next planned birthday party is  100 years old.  It was held in the party room (basement) of the Old Vic Tavern- friends and family - games, drinking.  It was so much fun.  I am so grateful that so many of those attending our 50th are still in our lives and new friends and family have entered our life.
Sadly, some of those gathered with us 10 years ago, have passed away.

 We were about not only about to enter our fifties but to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary by sailing across the Atlantic visiting Ireland, France and England.
Not too long ago, I went through my treasures from our 50th party, carefully stored in the "treasure chest" including Survivor hints, fake newspapers, tips on how to talk to the British, the famous thong. I was laughing all over again. Now as I face my 60s, I hope that at the end of this decade that I feel as healthy as I do today. I hope that I am still sharing laughs with my friends and that our family continues to expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment