Monday 4 September 2017

Monday Morning - Retirement Countdown begins

 

We do most of our living between Friday night and Monday morning.  Monday morning is the time to reflect on the weekend and get back into our week day routine . As I get older it becomes more difficult to get myself  moving on Monday morning.   I guess that is part of what retirement is about - letting go of the weekday routine and spreading the rest of your life over seven days






MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2017

For the past couple of years, I have avoided my emergingsenior blog  As a person that gravitates to action instead of talking about what I need to do, I concentrated on my retirement checklist and it is almost complete.  Three months ago, I gave my notice and today  I face my last month of work.  Many people have asked if I have a countdown and I haven't. Today - the countdown has started:

29 days until retirement
21 days left of work

I certainly have faced mixed emotions over the past few months as my retirement became official. I will miss so much my friends and colleagues .  I will miss being part of a community, a great hospital that I have had the opportunity to work for 37 years.  I am very excited about what is ahead. I look forward to discovering new opportunities and activities that retirement affords me.
As the past couple of years have focused on preparation for this milestone, the upcoming months will begin the metamorphosis to a new life - the journey as an emerging senior really begins.
Only 4 more Monday mornings at work...... The countdown continues



No comments:

Post a Comment