Monday 7 July 2014

Monday Morning - July 7 - Bucket List







We do most of our living between Friday night and Monday morning.  Monday morning is the time to reflect on the weekend and get back into our week day routine . As I get older it becomes more difficult to get myself  moving on Monday morning.   I guess that is part of what retirement planning is about - letting go of the weekday routine and spreading the rest of your life over seven days





Monday, July 7, 2014

I don't have a bucket list.  I don't really know why.  I like lists.  I have lots of to do lists - work, home, etc.  I am definitely a list person.  But a bucket list doesn't sit right with me.  A list of things to do before I die?

 I don't think life works like that.  It is more organic.  You do one thing and that leads you to another... leads you to another.   The undiscovered, the unimagined...best parts of life.

Sure there are things I want to do, places to see but I had wishes like that when I was a kid and at every stage so far. .  Why do we have to put this "before I die" label on it. 
I can understand a list of things to do before I retire (while I still have the money) or things to do while I am still fit enough. 

What happens after you have done everything on your bucket list??  Are you finished... just sitting around.... can go anytime.

No, not for me.  I will carry on bucketless

No comments:

Post a Comment